At Life ELC we believe that every child deserves to be surrounded by a loving and safe community that encourages them to develop and grow into their full God given potential. We are committed to nurturing and equipping children in a Christian environment, through play-based learning, fostering a sense of belonging and confidence, supported by the Early Years Learning Framework.
Life ELC takes pride in our ability to provide an individualised and differentiated community that is warm, nurturing and supports an easy transition between learning environments. We strive to ensure that our children, families, and educators, feel confident, comfortable and supported within our Centre.
Coopers Plains is comprised of many diverse cultures and the community of children, families, and educators in our Centre seek to respect, reflect and promote this diversity. Our curriculum is inclusive and diverse, valuing individual strengths and different cultural backgrounds.
We provide high-quality Early Childhood Education and Care, by fostering strong partnerships between educators, families, our local community and our affiliation with Brisbane Christian College. We focus on the individual child’s interests and ideas to help us build upon their sense of identity.
We acknowledge the rights of all children and advocate for them to achieve the best possible outcomes. We believe every person is valuable and created for purpose. Our heart is to empower people to lead in every area of their life.
- In providing your child with a safe and secure environment where their sense of connection and belonging can grow;
- In providing opportunities for your child to grow and learn through play based learning, to build a strong awareness of self, and understand their connection to the world around them;
- Your child is an individual with unique interests and strengths, that require stimulating opportunities to thrive in all areas of their development;
- Children become confident and capable learners when they are provided with the support and guidance of a quality team of educators;
- Meaningful conversations with educators are integral to supporting your child to make decisions about the direction of their learning and the events in their day.
We aim to:
- Maintain strong partnerships and open communication with our families;
- Encourage parents and carers to participate in and contribute to the Centre in various ways such as:
- contributing to surveys that support us to continually improve,
- story time,
- providing input on learning curriculum, and
- participating in the Centre's community events and celebrations.
We expect our educators will:
- Facilitate and support the learning of each child within their care by providing opportunities to explore ideas, complex concepts, and ethical decisions that are relevant to their lives and local community;
- Support families in their decision-making for their child's growth and development;
- Bring with them strengths, talents, diversity of cultures and interests which contribute to the centre's environment;
- Respect and appreciate the integral job they have to bring value to our children, families and the community;
- Participate in ongoing professional development and educational support to ensure that our team are providing the highest level of care for our children.
Meet Our Team
Assistant to the Director
Early Childhood Teacher
Nursery Room Leader
Toddler Room Leader
Paula Sanchez Figueredo
Kindy Room Leader